Gowrie SA is a community-based organisation leading the development of innovative and responsive services for children and families. We offer unique, relationship based programs which allow time for the development of rich connections and learning experiences. We focus on community, social justice, and the capacities of each child and adult to inform our programs.
Gowrie SA offers professional learning opportunities, both internally and externally, to support our staff in building their knowledge and understanding, which assists professional growth and career development.
Gowrie SA is committed to our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We are dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity; with all employment decisions being based on an applicant’s ability to undertake their desired role. Considerations are made to support our employees to succeed.
Casual Professional Learning Facilitator
- Are you passionate about building the child care sector’s capacity for all children?
Gowrie SA Professional Learning Program offers professional learning services to the early and middle childhood sector. Gowrie SA is seeking suitably qualified and experienced facilitators to add to its pool of contract facilitators. These positions may involve mentoring, facilitating Gowrie SA calendar sessions or facilitating in centre sessions for the sector. These programs may be delivered either face to face or using the Zoom platform.
As a member of the Gowrie SA Professional Learning Program you will work directly with other team members and services throughout SA to:
- coordinate, develop, facilitate and evaluate professional learning programs to a high standard
- identify and plan for services’ needs
- facilitate discussion, encourage participants to think critically about their practice and be motivated to improve practice; and
- follow administration and evaluation processes
Professional Learning Program Facilitators must have the following essential criteria:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV – Workplace Training and Assessment
- a minimum 4 year Early Childhood degree qualification or equivalent
- previous experience in development and delivery of professional learning programs
- current experience working within the children’s services sector with children and families
- currency in theoretical knowledge, research and current trends in education and care
- sound computer literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
You will be passionate, motivated and hold strong, demonstrated knowledge of the learning frameworks and NQF.
Our Professional Learning Facilitators will be required to undertake work located at Gowrie SA or at other venues requiring travel. To be successful in this role, you will need:
- a current full driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- to have the ability to travel within metropolitan Adelaide and regional SA areas
- a current not-prohibited WWCC screening; and
- a mobile phone is required
You will be motivated by:
- a high level of professionalism, reflective dialogue and communication
- developing rapport with others
- working autonomously and with others; and
- reflective capacity and skills
Only those applicants that meet the essential criteria to progress to interview stage, will be contacted.
Gowrie SA warmly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. We also encourage culturally diverse applicants and those from diverse backgrounds.
To make the right move for your career, please email your application and resume, along with 2 current work-related referees, to the HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We strongly encourage you to use your cover letter to support your application for the role. A job and person specification (J&P) can be found by clicking here.
Applications close at COB Friday, 9th October 2020.