Little Scientists: Mathematics workshop
Experience the wonder of mathematics hidden in everyday patterns, shapes and structures. Fall in love with shapes and space.
Watch the beauty of mathematics unfold in everyday patterns, shapes and structures and discover the potential of play for the development of mathematical skills. Discover mathematics in the everyday and explore your own relationship with maths.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- notice and explore everyday mathematical opportunities
- discover how engaging with geometry develops children’s mathematical reasoning skills
- implement our inquiry-based educational approach
- benefit from the exchange with other educators and teachers
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM
- take home information and inspiration in the Mathematics booklet and cards you receive.
Links to Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area
2.2 Content selection and organisation
2.5 literacy and numeracy strategies
3.2 Plan, structure and sequence learning programs
3.3 Use teaching strategies
3.4 Select and use resources
Facilitator: Cathy Cameron