About the program
The current Inclusion Support Programme was established by the Australian Government in 2016 as a key component of the Child Care Safety Net. The programme's purpose is to build the capacity of educators working in eligible early learning and child care (ELCC) services to provide inclusive practice for children with a range of abilities within mainstream services.
From Monday 10 February 2020, access to the portal will change from AUSkey to PRODA
If you have accessed the portal since 1 July 2018, you should be automatically migrated.
Early Childhood Education and Care service users of the IS Portal will use their existing PRODA credentials (that is, the same PRODA credentials that you use for the CCSS).
If you don’t have a PRODA account yet, please register at: https://proda.humanservices.gov.au/pia/pages/public/registration/account/createAccount.jsf
If you have new users or require further assistance please phone the IS Portal Helpdesk on 1800 306 182 or email InclusionSupportPortalHelpdesk@education.gov.au
Further information is available at:
Click here for the IS Portal PRODA fact sheet, which gives details on how to ensure that you are authorised to use the portal.
Please phone Gowrie SA if you require any support in navigating this process.
Inclusion Agency support
Gowrie SA is the Inclusion Agency (IA) for South Australia delivering free inclusion support services under the Australian Government’s Inclusion Support Programme (ISP). We provide assistance to all eligible Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) services to build their capacity to include children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds within mainstream services.
The Inclusion Agency will assist ELCC services to include all children by providing tailored inclusion advice and support from Gowrie SA Inclusion Professionals. The Inclusion Professionals are part of a multi-disciplinary team located in both the metropolitan area and regionally.
The main cohorts of focus under the Inclusion Support Programme guidelines include:
- Children with a disability or undergoing assessment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
- Children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Children from refugee or humanitarian backgrounds
- Children with serious medical conditions
- Children presenting with language and speech delays
- Children presenting with disruptive behaviour.
Gowrie SA is working towards inclusion for all children and assists the following types of eligible Child Care Subsidy-approved services:
- Long day care
- Outside school hours care, including vacation care
- Family day care
- Occasional care
- Mobile services.
How will Gowrie SA support your service?
We have a large and diverse team of experienced Inclusion Professionals who will work directly with a service to:
- Develop and implement a tailored Strategic Inclusion Plan (SIP), which will support the Quality Improvement Plan (QIP).
- Assist educators and teams to critically reflect on their practices and identify barriers to and possibilities for inclusion.
- Acknowledge strengths and reflect on understandings of inclusion.
- Provide practical advice on quality inclusive practices to support educators to overcome barriers to a child’s inclusion.
- Access to all Inclusion Support Programme resources including specialist equipment.
- Facilitate access to funding streams to support more challenging inclusion barriers and endorse any funding applications.
- Support services to apply to become ‘Inclusion Aware.’
- Link with relevant community groups, services and organisations that support inclusion.
- Support educators to work in partnership with families and other support networks.
- Discuss available options regarding ‘Innovative Solutions’ funding.