Mentoring Early Childhood Teachers to reach full registration
Gowrie SA have teamed with CCCSA and the Teachers Registration Board in an exciting mentoring project, to support small groups of ECTs and their centre director, through the process of reaching full teachers registration.
Over 9 sessions starting on the 20th of April, participants will:
- Explore the Director’s role in supporting a provisionally registered teacher to transition to full registration
- Unpack the AITSL Standards to understand them in an education and care setting
- Collect and analyse evidence for the Australian Professional Standards for teachers
- Be supported in creating a portfolio of evidence
- Develop critical reflection skills
- Network with other ECTs
- Share and understand the requirements of documentation
There will be an initial session for both the ECT and the centre Director with Marilyn Large from the Teachers Registration Board. This session will outline the requirements of the AITSL Teaching Standards, explore the Director’s role in supporting a provisionally registered teacher and the responsibility of the ECT to achieve full registration. The final session brings the ECT and the Director together to share the portfolio of evidence. Mentoring for individual ECTS and Directors is available at an additional cost.
Sessions will be held on Mondays from 1pm to 5pm on the following dates:
20th April, 25th May, 22nd June, 13th July, 3rd August, 31st August, 28th September and 19th October.
Cost per site: $700.00*
*CCCSA will contribute $200 to this cost for CCCSA members.
To register your interest or for more information
please contact Mary Scales: p (08) 8234 5219 | e firstname.lastname@example.org