Little Scientists: Optics workshop
Enjoy a day of lights, colours and optical illusions exploring the land of mirrors, colourful shadows and nature’s paint palette.
Appreciate the magic of colour, mirrors and shadows through the eyes of a child. Discover the empowering effects of child-led inquiry projects in
early childhood and become immersed in your own inquiry project.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- playfully explore algorithms, sequencing and sorting
- discover how light, colour and vision have a great impact on us
- understand and explore light streams through the eyes of a child
- collect ideas for project work and child-led projects that scaffold children’s learning and development
- implement our inquiry-based educational approach
- benefit from the exchange with other educators and teachers
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM
- take home information and inspiration in the Optics booklet and cards you receive.
Links to Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
1.2 Understand how students learn
2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area
3.2 Plan, structure and sequence learning programs
3.3 Use teaching strategies
3.4 Select and use resources
With: Jess Shaw