Gowrie SA is a community-based organisation leading the development of innovative and responsive services for children and families.
We offer unique, relationship based programs which allow time for each child and their family to develop rich connections with their primary educators. Within our infant-toddler (0-3 years) and kindergarten (3-5 years) program, educators use these connections to offer learning experiences that support children’s curiosity, exploration and learning.
Gowrie SA focuses on community, social justice and the capacities of each child to inform their programs. We are committed to our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).
We offer fully funded leadership and professional learning opportunities, both internally and externally, to support our educators in building their knowledge and understanding, which assists professional growth and career development.
Gowrie SA is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity; with all employment decisions being based on an applicant’s ability to undertake their desired role. Considerations are made to ensure employees succeed in fulfilling their position requirements.
Gowrie SA is seeking an experienced Early Childhood Teacher to fulfil a part-time Assistant Director position within the children’s programs. The position is 0.6FTE, working 24 hours per week over 3 days. The position will be contracted for a 12-month period initially, with a strong likelihood of an ongoing position for the right person.
The successful applicant’s salary will provide parity to the Department for Education SA School and Preschool Education Staff Enterprise Agreement, is 36%-53% above the Modern Award, and offers six weeks of annual leave per year.
The successful applicant will:
- demonstrate experience teaching in a kindergarten setting
- demonstrate experience in pedagogical leadership
- demonstrate strong knowledge of the NQF, EYLF, and NQS
- demonstrate strong knowledge of contemporary early childhood practices, research and pedagogy
- have a systematic approach to improving practice and outcomes
- work collaboratively with the Director and other staff to maintain high quality programs
- hold a minimum four-year Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education
- be a registered teacher in South Australia
- Passion for Reconciliation, sustainability, natural learning environments and the rights of children
- Postgraduate qualifications
To view the full job description, please click on the link here.
If this position sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, please send us your application. We are looking for successful applicants to commence January, 2022. Should you be unsuccessful, please indicate your willingness to be considered for a Kindergarten Teacher role within the organisation.
To make the right move for your career, please email your cover letter, resume and a minimum of 3 work-related referees to email@example.com. We strongly encourage you to use your cover letter to support your application for the role.
Applications close 8.30am, Monday 27th September 2021.
Children's Services Professional (Educator) Level 1
- Are you passionate about pedagogy and curriculum in an integrated infant-toddler and/or kindergarten setting?
- Do you value the professional benefits of critical reflection and working in a culturally diverse and inclusive environment?
We currently have multiple opportunities (2 full time and 1 part time working 30 hours a week) for exceptional Diploma qualified Educators, who have a strong focus on children’s learning and wellbeing, to join our Children’s Programs team within our birth to 3 years rooms.
These positions will be contracted for a 12-month period initially, with a strong likelihood of an ongoing position for the right person.
To be successful in these roles, you must have the relevant qualifications and a sound knowledge of the National Quality Standard and Regulations. Your knowledge or interest in primary caregiving and relationship based programming, will be an advantage.
Your passion for Reconciliation, sustainability, natural learning environments and the rights of children, will be highly regarded.
Gowrie SA warmly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. We also encourage culturally diverse applicants and those from diverse backgrounds.
If these positions sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, don’t delay applying. We are looking for our successful applicants to commence as soon as possible.
To make the right move for your career, please email your cover letter, resume and work-related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. We strongly encourage you to use your cover letter to support your application for the role.
For more information, please see the job description here.
Casual Relief Educators
Gowrie SA is seeking qualified and unqualified educators for casual relief work across all age groups.
Your responsibilities may include:
- engaging in children’s play and learning
- developing play environments under the direction of regular educators
- engaging in children’s routines
- maintaining a clean and hygienic environment
- engagement in children’s meal times
If you are interested in joining our relief educator team, please send your resume (with your availability noted), certified copies of qualifications, RRHAN training certificate and your current not-prohibited Working With Children Check to email@example.com. Or call on 8352 5144 for further information.